What are you grateful for in 2018?
This year has been incredible. It has been intense and like many of you, I looked at what was happening in the world and to those around me and I kept myself on the grind in fulfilling my purpose and goals in 2018. I have felt weary and it took all of my skill to keep my energy moving. I have joyfully served my clients and the students in the programs that I teach. I am so grateful for each breath, each adventure, family and friends, and all the small and large moments of joy – and there were a lot of them.
My clients became more confident. They earned more revenue and raised more money than ever before. They built more powerful teams, organizations and strategies in a complex fast changing world. I am grateful to impact a few that impact thousands with their mission, vision, products and services. Despite all the challenging circumstances, divisive politics, crazy behavior of a few, I got to witness personal transformation and amazing people do amazing things making their corner of the world a better place. It’s been exciting. I am grateful to have dug a little deeper and move more often in spirit. I am grateful to release of the need for struggle and watched how that releasing made every day successful. I look forward to more clarity, more focus, and more fun as each day passes.
If you haven’t had a high flying year, if you are having trouble being thankful or pulling yourself up out of a place of struggle and challenge, what can you do? Here a few ideas….
- Take a deep breath and feel your feet on the ground, wiggle your toes and say thank you for the ability to do so.
- Feel yourself inside your body – if you can hear your heart beating, start there.
- Enjoy being a physical being for a moment, and say thank you for the physicality of being alive.
- Then clear your mind of all thoughts for 90 seconds (if you have trouble, pay attention to your breath or your heart beating).
- Say thank you for the first thing that comes to mind and allow your mind to remember small encounters or pleasant things that come to mind, i.e. someone who smiled at you in the grocery store, the joke on FB that made you laugh, someone who sent you a fun emoji, the phone call, your breath, your heart beating, etc.
- Allow the emotion of gratitude grow in your heart and mind.
- When you are moved by this feeling start a list things you are grateful and thankful.
I am thankful for the day that was. Each night as I close my eyes to sleep and when I wake up, I take a moment to give gratitude for waking up, being well, and all that I anticipate being good for the day. This practice allows my gratitude to move to joy and create positive momentum for my day. This is a great way to move yourself out of a funk and stay positive all day long no matter what comes your way. And when you get into a habit of gratitude, the law of attraction brings you even more things to be grateful for as you attract what you pay attention to.
Try it for the next 10 days as we move through the Holiday season. Then watch what happens and share it by posting a comment on our Facebook page or it you are a member, post in the forum.
#lifemapping #selfmasteryissexy #lawofattraction #thought #personaldevelopment #confidence #holidayblues #listening #spirit